below is the pictures of my Pumpkin cake which is failed. I didn't follow the recipe exactly because some of the family members are vegetarian. So I skip the egg and add in the fresh milk. So it turn as a 'moist pumpkin cake' :)
Next time I will try again this recipe and will reduce the smashed pumpkin level. Anyway I attach the photos and recipe for your kind view.
1 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
350gm pumpkin (cooked n smashed)
1 cup grated carrot
2 cups flour
1 tsp soda bikarbonate
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup fresh milk
1) Preheat the oven.
2) Mix together the butter, sugar and vanilla essence.
3) Add in the smashed pumpkin and stir.
4) Sift in together the flour, baking powder and soda bikarbonate.
5) Add the flour mix into pumpkin mix alternately with fresh milk until finish.
6) Than add the grated carrot.
7) Pour into baking pan and bake for 3o mins.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
200gm seld rising flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda bikarbonate
1/2 tsp salt
200ml fresh milk
4 pandan leafs
2 tbsp cocoa powder mix with hot water
1) Blend milk and pandan leafs; sieve.
2) Sift the flour, baking powder,soda and mix with salt.Leave a side.
3) Beat eggs. Add sugar;beat. Add the oil and beat again.
4) Fold in one portion of dry ingredients and follow by pandan milk. Alternate until both portions are used up. Do not over-mix the mixture.
5) Divide mixture into two portions. Leave one portion plain; add the cocoa mixture to the other portion.
6) Spoon 3 tbsp plain mixture into greased muffin pans to slightly half full. Add 1 tbsp cocoa cake mixture ontop.
7) Bake in a hot oven at 200ºC for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Labels: Cup Cakes Muffins Apom
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
80gm dried cha-cha
1/2 tin evaporated milk
400gm sweet potato (cut into cubes)
1/2 cup sagu
Pinch of salt
1) Boil the sweet potato and sagu separately until soft.
2) Now wash the sago pearls in running water. Boil the pearls with pandan leave
until its turn transparent colour.
3) Than pour the milk,salt,the softened sweet potato and cha-cha.
Let it boil once and add in the sugar.Stir a while.
Remarks: The original recipe add in the coconut milk.I just change it to evaporated milk because of cholestrol problem :)